From Weddingbee: Last Minute Details

For the next couple weeks, I'm going to share my recent posts from Weddingbee.  For those who are new to my blog, I've been writing about our wedding planning as Miss Mink (now Mrs. Mink) on the Weddingbee for about a year.   Rest assured, I'll be back to home and design blogging when I've fulfilled my commitment to Weddingbee. 

The day before our rehearsal was a day to tie up a few loose ends.  During the day, I finished two small projects.  First, I wanted to customize a little bunting kit I had bought a few weeks earlier at a local shop called rock, paper, scissors.  The bunting was by a company called Figs & Ginger and was supposed to be held together with string.  The image of the bunting on the company's blog was cute:

 I had seen the buntings used quite a few times and thought it would be nice to make ours look a little bit different.  I decided to see if I could thread a bunch of ribbons through the holes in the wood pieces of the buntings.

Photo by Miss Mink

I was pretty happy with the result.  

 Photo by Miss Mink

I also used the ribbon to decorate some mason jars I'd saved over the last few months.  I planned to have the jars tucked away at our venue to be given to one person at each table so some flowers from the table arrangements could be taken home.

I found some little jewels in my junk drawer (they came with something I bought long ago) and glued them to the back of the escort card of the person we picked to take the flowers home.  On the assembled escort card board, the jewels wouldn't be visible, but our day-of coordinator would make the rounds during the reception and make sure each person with a jewel knew what it meant.

 Photo by Miss Mink 

I had some leftover escort cards and printed a little note on each one and attached it to the jars with the ribbon.  Not bad for 20 minutes of work, huh?

 Photo by Miss Mink

We decided to surprise my brother, sister-in-law, and nephews when they arrived, so we headed up to the Charlottesville Airport in the evening.

Photo by Miss Mink 

I may have skipped blogging about our welcome bags, but they included the usual items: a welcome letter, tourist information, maps, lists of our favorite restaurants, water, snacks, and the all important pain relievers for the morning after.

We had the most random, but delightful trip to the airport.  After collecting the bags, we waited for the rental car company to have a vehicle with three cars seats in it ready for my brother's family. The airport was emptying out because it was taking a while.  As a security guard approached us, I wondered if he would ask us to wait outside (our airport is small and it closes at night).  Instead, he offered the children CHO stickers, which they loved.  My middle nephew pointed out the window at the control tower and asked if they could go inside.  The security guard said the men in the tower were leaving for the day, but offered a tour of the airport's fire equipment, which was out for a drill, instead.

My brother was amazed as Mr. Mink and the boys went off with the security guard though one of those "Authorized Personnel Only" doors. Where we're from, that kind of thing would never, ever happen.  Alas, the fire drill was already in progress, so the tour wasn't possible.  By this point, the rental company had a vehicle ready and it was time to leave.

We met up with my aunt and uncle at the hotel where my family stayed for the wedding weekend.  It was a low key evening, but it was so nice to have a few drinks with family before the official events of the weekend began.

How was the day before your wedding weekend?  Did you get to relax or was your day full of last minute details to finalize?
Did you miss a Merry Mink recap?


Popular Posts