I've been in a bit of a project slump lately. Perhaps I'm dealing with post-wedding blues. Marc predicted that it would hit me, but he thought it would be over the lack of little projects that kept me busy over the last year. Instead, I find myself dealing with regrets, big and small, about our day. The day flew by and I feel as though things happened around me even though I was in the center of it all, I feel as though everything was happening to me and I wasn't necessarily participating. It was a surreal day and I think took a back seat because I assumed what was happening was how it was supposed to be.
I pulled myself out of the slump last weekend while Marc was away on a business trip. I made a mental list of projects to complete by the time he got home on Sunday night. One of the tasks on my list dealt with one of my favorite wedding details, the boutonnieres I made for our nephews, who served as ring bearers. You may remember the tutorial I wrote for that little project back in January:
The boys loved their little puppies. They loved then so much that they plucked them right off the ribbon rosettes when we put them on their vests. Silly me! I secured the porcelain puppies with hot glue and felt they were secure, but I didn't really think about tiny hands playing with them! Our Day of Coordinator quickly sewed the puppies back into place and the boys looks great when it was time to walk down the aisle.
At the end of the night, one of my sisters-in-law left me one of the boutonnieres and I decided to mount it in a small Ikea frame. This was so easy that I don't even feel the need to post step-by-step pictures. I think you can fill in the blanks.
First, I found some of the liners that were used in our wedding
invitations envelopes and I cut one to be the background in the frame.
A few minutes with my hot glue gun and the boutonniere was mounted in the frame. It's already hung on my gallery wall (the tiny hallway outside our bathroom), but I'm going to hold off on showing you the wall until later this week. I've been doing a bit of work on it!