Unfortunately, I had a bit of an accident and didn't get any painting done.
On Sunday morning, I was cooking breakfast and was distracted by the smoke alarm going off. The smoke alarms in my place are highly sensitive, which is probably a good thing when living in a condo. When mine goes off, it's almost unbearable. Baxter shakes like a leaf and tries to run away while one of us waves a towel in front of the sensor. I'm sure you can imagine the scene.
There I was cooking a big breakfast with the alarm going off, Marc waving the towel, and Baxter in a quivering mess in the corner. I grabbed one of the snazzy, new All-Clad stainless steel pans my mother gave me for Christmas and immediately realized that the handles conduct heat far more easily than my old set of Analon pans did. I burned myself. Badly.
Long story short, I have something between a first and second degree burn across my palm and three fingers. Lucky for me, I have a tiny kitchen and had cool water running on my hand within seconds. Oddly, the pain came and went all day long...sometimes it was as intense as the original event.
I considered slapping some paint on something last night, but I was knee deep in work and didn't have a chance. What a lame few weeks it's been for projects, huh? I'm sorry!
Marc arrived with silicon handle covers last night. What great inventions those things are!