Caite White, the online editor of Cville Weekly, came by after work to do a little video shoot. I thought we'd do a question and answer session or something similar to what blogger friend Ed Warwick did for Abode last month. The goal was to do a mini-tour of my place, but I was to give a running commentary on the spaces.
I was terrified. I speak in front of very large groups at work and feel quite at home doing it, but there's something freaky about staring at a lens and talking to it. As a result, I babbled. A lot. Here are some highlights that come to mind:
- I rattled off stores that sell dining chairs just like mine, but pointed out that I foolishly had my custom made
- I found a spider web on the chandelier over the dining table (before the camera was on, thankfully)
- Revealed that my bedroom lamps are from Target, but the shades (from The Shade Shop) cost more than the lamps
- Dished on two local stores, one that is only open from 9-5 on Monday-Friday (thus I can't shop there) and another whose prices on something were higher than Neiman Marcus/Horchow's. That wasn't very nice.
- I touched the marble chair rail the bathroom room and swept a big, ol' dust bunny off it. This was followed by me flustering and searching for words.
- While I was sitting in the bedroom talking, Baxter started licking my foot, which was tucked under my other leg. It probably looks like his face is buried in my lap and we don't have that sort of relationship.
- I forgot to mention where my sofa and pillows are from and both were bought at local businesses, Quince and Pillow Mint. Darn it.