Right off the bat, I was a little worried because there were no 14 inch floral wreath bases at the craft store. Other bloggers seem to have used straw wreaths as a base, so I went with that. One of the bloggers said making her wreath took an hour. She must have been working on the night the clocks fall back. It took me about three hours to glue lima beans onto my wreath. I wish I had sorted the beans before starting because my lines would have been better if I had put large beans around the outside of the ring, medium sized beans on the front, and the smaller beans on the inside.
If I didn't have the cheapest glue gun available, maybe my trigger finger wouldn't hurt so much.
I wasn't 100% happy with the way the beans looked, but after a few coats of glossy, white spray paint, the wreath looked pretty nice. Topped with a bright, satin bow (to match one of the colors in my door mat) and I was pretty pleased!
Taken with flash, at night. My address has been photoshopped out.
The little box on the left is Baxter's outdoor toy box.
Next project: paint that front door. I've tried to clean it, but I think the paint just isn't glossy enough to really shine. I'd love to change the hardware, but in a condo community, that sort of change would probably get nixed by the powers that be.