Anyone who is as new as I am to the design blog world can't help but be intimidated by the other bloggers out there. Everyone seems more established and despite comments from some pretty inspirational bloggers, I've felt a little foolish for trying to do this at times.
Today, I felt a tad more legitimate because Leila of In The Tweeds gave me my very first blog award! It's called the Honest Scrap Award. Leila isn't just blogging about design, she's going out and doing what many of us dream of - she's actually going back to school to get a second degree in interior design! What an inspiration!
Here are the rules I must follow, upon receiving this award:
10 Honest Things about Me
1. I've been blogging since 2005, but about a totally different topic that has nothing to do with design.Blogs that have inspired me (and I don't expect them to follow up because they are busy people and probably already got this thing):
2. I originally moved into my condo as a renter. The detail that solidified my move to the complex: the most popular music venue in town was across the street. People choose their homes for random reasons, I guess!
3. I used to be fluent in French and Spanish. I'm certain that I've lost much of the Spanish and I'm okay with that. I'll be devastated if I go to Quebec or France and can't "click" into French.
4. For the first 25 years of my life, I had no desire to live south of New York City.
5. I got my first pair of jeans in 5th grade. They had flowers painted on them.
6. I'm an extrovert and feed off the energy of large groups, but get extremely nervous in small groups. I'm going to a conference tomorrow and I'm so excited for the buzz that comes from being in the middle of a big crowd.
7. Every night, as soon as my head hits the pillow, I feel extremely hungry.
8. I am so nervous about being a good dog owner that I'm constantly looking up research and articles about behavior, training, and diet. As a result, the pet aisle at the grocery store frustrates me (because 90% of the products are junk and most people don't seen to read the labels!).
9. I don't constantly think about environmental issues, but every once in a while, I think about how much our population is growing and how finite our resources are and I get really scared.
10. I don't think my Dyson is any better than the Eureka vacuum it replaced.
Adventures in Renovating a Brooklyn Limestone - one of the first design blogs I started reading
Freckles Chick - another established blogger who is always positive and encouraging
Brick City Love - new bloggers, from my native New Jersey, not afraid to show the warts and all
Making this Home - American in Germany, also living small
Pillow Mint - local bedding luxury and a great sense of humor. Buy local, kids!
The Borrowed Abode - another small home dweller with funky taste and ideas
Thrifty Little Blog - one of my new favorites. First time home owner, lots of projects on the docket!
I imagine some of those are blogs you know, but I hope a few are new to you!