2. American-made, from the 1930s, this chest is a tad too deep, but I love the rounded edges and the hardware.
3. French, from around 1900, the price on this piece was between the Hickory Chair chest I originally like and the Modern History imports. I hadn't considered black before I found this, but I really like it!
4. French, from the 1880s, I just find myself smiling when I look at this one. The keyholes in the middle of each drawer are surrounded by pretty ribbon detail.
5. Argentina, made in the 1930s. The dealer on this piece has cut its price by $2,000, which was pretty exciting.
6. Austria, made in the 1920s, I love that this piece is shaped differently. It has an art deco feel to it, which I find interesting...but maybe that's not quite right for our space.
So, at this point, I've shopped old and I've shopped new and have looked at American made pieces and imports. I honestly don't know exactly what we'll wind up with. I'd love to buy American, but when there is SO much to do in this house, the imports that are half the price are pretty attractive.